Augusta was the destination of my day off today, the movie theater to be exact. The purpose: to complete a most epic series with the last installment of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. The film was absolutely epic. I may just have to see it in theaters again. Whenever something great ends I feel once again the satisfaction of the ending and an emptiness. When one is so used to the tension, the release can sometimes be less relieving than originally believed. Left is the question "What now?" followed rarely by an answer. At least not right away.
Many of us grew up with Harry Potter. I was slow coming into the series and joining the fan club. Nevertheless, it became a part of me for quite a few years. Now, with all books and movies finished, the series is over. Everything has been said and done. It is complete. Strange it should come at this time in my life when college has been finished for about two months and I must learn to stand on my own feet.
They made it through. Surely I can, too.
Right?
Buck up, Kerry. You will be fine. Everything works out for the best. =)
Quote
- Joseph Campbell, "A Hero with a Thousand Faces"
No comments:
Post a Comment