Upon scrolling through OMG Facts I came across a piece of trivia worthy of a gasp. The common pronunciation of the name of beloved children's author, Dr. Seuss, is completely wrong. The Americanized pronunciation of "Soos" sounds nothing like the actual pronunciation of "Soice." Although I must admit, I prefer the sound we all grew up with.
Time for a quick update: I am currently working part-time as a groom for the Chapot's - a family well-known on the showjumping circuit and no stranger to the Olympics. They are friendly and accommodating, and the job is low-key. Yesterday I rode Umber under the supervision of Frank Chapot and shared the indoor with Laura Chapot. I still have not seen Gemini, the clone of famous Gem Twist, as he is still out breeding to mares. I wonder if he will be back while I am working there. At the moment I am searching for a full-time job somewhere. Hey, at least I get to add this job to my resume in the meantime!
Time to finish these thank you notes, shower, play Scrabble con mi madre y sleep in tomorrow! I love not having to wake at 5:30 to drive an hour to work. Mmmm the simple pleasures in life.
Til next time...
Quote
- Joseph Campbell, "A Hero with a Thousand Faces"
No comments:
Post a Comment