Quote

"Furthermore, we have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us. The labyrinth is thoroughly known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero path. And where we we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence; and where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world."
- Joseph Campbell, "A Hero with a Thousand Faces"

Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday So Soon

It is already Friday. I feel as though my last post was ages ago, to be cliche. In reality only four days has passed.

I have been experiencing an almost overwhelming urge to play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This is impossible as I am sure the Nintendo 64 has found a cushy home in my brother's apartment in Chicago. (Cue my downstairs trek to double check the imminent disappearance). Well it seems I was wrong. The game system is safe and sound here at home. The game, however, is not. My best guess is that he has a way of playing the games through the Wii or someone else's system. Safe move. But now I am upset.

I have decided I need to work out and stop drinking so much soda. In about another month I will be saying the exact same thing.

Speaking of the future reminds me to mention the job interview I have on Tuesday morning. I will be driving an hour to Seaton Hackney Stables in Morristown sometime in the morning to talk about whether or not I can take on the job of Assistant Barn Manager. Or whatever it is we will be doing in the interview. What do people do in interviews? I have never had a normal one.

In any case, I am hungry. I will go now and fulfill the requirement of food.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment