When it comes to writing what I have been doing lately, I find myself suddenly unmotivated to write anything. My theory is that these days leave much to be desired – brought about either by boredom or the lack of anything special. I deem both as the culprits. Let’s see what you think.
In general, a typical day will wake me at random from any point during the seven to ten o’ clock hours. Upon finally arising, the bathroom is stop number one, then the computer in the living room, traveling with a bored half-attempt of finding food in the refrigerator, ending under the salmon-colored comforter on the couch. At this point the TV becomes prime focus, playing out the lives in a chosen movie or, of course, of the various characters of House. Later in the day the channel migrates to the Disney Channel when one of three shows is on, but that is a different subject. And so, I basically do nothing every single day.
Strangely, I feel the need to defend my inactivity. Surely there is SOMETHING I do from day to day. Okay, every day may not see the progress in my room or the garage, but I am, as it were, unpacking from college. Still. I simply have no where to put it all! If you have seen my room you would know why. At the moment I have boxes piled in the garage until I make room for the belongings in my bedroom. Literally, I have to make room. I found this to only be possible by discarding things. As I am sure none of my readers know, for why would you, I am terrible at throwing anything out, or giving it away, or anything of the sort. I hold onto stuff worse than a packrat. There are moments, however, such as this one, when I see the reason behind saying goodbye to old things. Sometimes it doesn’t work when the hobo living in your front yard refuses to leave. In any case, you’ve heard the term "spring cleaning." Having too much crap and needing to reorganize my life after college is the perfect excuse to finally take part in the ceremony. For me it is a very slow-going ceremony. Lasts weeks.
On the other hand, other than attempting productivity at home, I have been on the hunt for a job. If my job hunting skills were necessary for survival I would be dead by now. In all seriousness, I landed a part-time, maybe full-time, position working as a groom for the Chapots. Work is one hour from home, making for a two-hour commute. If I am working there multiple days in a row I can stay at the house on the property with the other grooms. Actually, I can stay there for the duration that I have the job, but I am also riding ponies and horses for my instructor I had through high school. That requires living at home. I am waiting for word from the Chapots for days I can work again; I only had four trial days so far and they wanted to know if I was interested in full time work. My affirmative reply has not yet garnered a response. We shall see. Anyone else dislike waiting?
Some random stuff I meant to blog about: some of my graduation gifts from my mom included a bucket, double-ended snap, and leather halter. My dad got me two bobble head horses for the car. On top of that, if I am around at the end of July or in August, a trip to Universal Studios/Wizarding World of Harry Potter has been promised! If I cannot go, I get the value of $900. I want to go. I also want to know my future so I can decisively say "I am going!".. or not. Seems I dislike uncertainty as well. But that is life, isn’t it?
There is still so much more I wanted to write. For now I will wait to type anything else. What has been happening in the lives of my friends? Anyone willing to divulge?
Til next time...
Quote
- Joseph Campbell, "A Hero with a Thousand Faces"
No comments:
Post a Comment