Quote

"Furthermore, we have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us. The labyrinth is thoroughly known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero path. And where we we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence; and where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world."
- Joseph Campbell, "A Hero with a Thousand Faces"

Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Should Have Slept at 5pm

Every once in a while there erupts an overwhelming feeling of worthlessness, of loss, of uncertainty, and of wanting a quick solution. The solution? Punishment with endorphins. This has not happened for a long time but tonight it seemed like it would. It still may. I don't know.

Comparing songs that make you teary-eyed with my friend has inadvertently led to listening to the beginning of an old playlist. These songs are not good for me. Granted they don't have the same effect they once did, but I am seeing an increase in the same feelings. I have also found these deep bouts usually follow short periods of euphoria, as if I cannot allow myself to be happy. Perhaps, somewhere, I think I do not deserve to be.

Want a taste of how this feels? Here is a preview from the Broadway musical Next to Normal:


The song is "You Don't Know/I Am the One."

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment