Quote

"Furthermore, we have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us. The labyrinth is thoroughly known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero path. And where we we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence; and where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world."
- Joseph Campbell, "A Hero with a Thousand Faces"

Monday, June 10, 2013

Letter #1

Dear -----,

I thought of you again today. That isn't a strange concept; I think of you almost every day. I think of the past, how I purposely broke "us", how I wish words or actions could change your mind today. Give us a chance to be something real. But that wouldn't be possible anyway, not with such a distance between. You have your own life now with plenty of dates to keep you occupied. I am stuck here, alone, lonely, trying to become something more. Someone you will want. Someone you can love.

There is not a thing I do now without a thought of you.

Someday this degree I am striving for will earn me respect and allow a financially sound future. Someday you may realize what you want is and always will be me. You see, I am different now. I can allow myself to be happy. I can help you be happy, too. All these little steps I take toward being a little more extroverted and confident are for you.

For now I must deal with your silence. That deafening silence. How I manage to concentrate with such loud silence is beyond me. What strength allows me to keep holding on I can only call Hope. How scared am I to await the day when you will pass final judgment. Will you take me or leave me? I have Hope, yet I anticipate your answer. I know I will be crushed. And that will be the end of me.

Please don't write me off just yet.

Always,
K----

No comments:

Post a Comment