I arrived safely at Camp Vega two days ago, moved into my permanent bunk with other staff, and await the campers arrival on Saturday. I cannot say I am excited about teaching them or dealing with them really, but it will be just something else to do. Hopefully the days will be busy and go by quickly. I am looking forward to the end of August enough that these two months are already crawling by.
I want to say that, last evening (Monday, June 20) my dog, Scout, had to be put down. His body was failing him because of old age. He could no longer stand or eat. I will always remember him scampering around the yard. That curly red-head was such a people-lover. You could not ask for a more loving dog. He was a great teacher as well. He definitely taught me that love is so much greater than hate. He had such an adventurous spirit and zest for life. No one could be around him without a smile. He is still special to me. I will always remember and love my furry little brother.
I love you, Scout.
It is time to prepare for another day of training tomorrow. Today was the camp's day off and definitely helped revitilize me.
Now I sign out in hopes of writing again soon.
'Til next time...
Quote
- Joseph Campbell, "A Hero with a Thousand Faces"
No comments:
Post a Comment